Local Plan Set to Protect What Makes Our Area So Special
Mole Valley District Council has published the final version of the new Local Plan for consideration by the full Council on September 15th.
We listened to residents' comments and have revised the Local Plan so far as the Government will allow to produce a fairer Local Plan that protects our beautiful area
The Liberal Democrat Administration listened to residents to produce a new, fairer local plan
- The consultation in early 2020 generated some 4029 responses and over 24,000 specific comments. Each one of these has been considered in preparing this final draft.
- This consultation provided supporting evidence we needed to:
The new Lib Dem Local Plan has a more balanced approach to housing need
- We challenged the Government's unreasonable housing targets in Mole Valley
- Our plan achieves a more realistic 77% of target numbers - 353 houses per year instead of 453
- With more affordable homes, including social rented housing as policy
- A balanced, acceptable plan to ensure Mole Valley maintains control of our own development
The new Lib Dem Local Plan has strong policies to future-proof our environment
- Stronger infrastructure policies to support development plans
- Stronger climate change policies requiring major new developments to be zero carbon
- First Council with a ground-breaking policy for a 20% biodiversity net gain
- Also includes landscape, flood-risk, air quality and agricultural protections