Support our changes to the Local Plan
You have until the end of Sunday 7 November to comment on the revised version of the proposed Local Plan for future development in Mole Valley. See further details below.
We listened to residents' comments and have revised the Local Plan so far as the Government will allow to produce a fairer Local Plan that protects our beautiful area
The Liberal Democrat Administration listened to residents to produce a new, fairer local plan
- The consultation in early 2020 generated some 4029 responses and over 24,000 specific comments. Each one of these has been considered in preparing this final draft.
- This consultation provided supporting evidence we needed to:
The new Lib Dem Local Plan has a more balanced approach to housing need
- We challenged the Government's unreasonable housing targets in Mole Valley
- Our plan achieves a more realistic 77% of target numbers - 353 houses per year instead of 453
- With more affordable homes, including social rented housing as policy
- A balanced, acceptable plan to ensure Mole Valley maintains control of our own development
The new Lib Dem Local Plan has strong policies to future-proof our environment
- Stronger infrastructure policies to support development plans
- Stronger climate change policies requiring major new developments to be zero carbon
- First Council with a ground-breaking policy for a 20% biodiversity net gain
- Also includes landscape, flood-risk, air quality and agricultural protections
How to comment on the improvements we've made - by Sunday 7th November.
Many people like the changes we've made to protect our area. But there are some people who still want us to build more homes in our precious Green Belt, or to relax the important safeguards we're proposing to ensure more affordable housing, secure more infrastructure and protect our environment. Our political opponents even object to the extra affordable housing we're proposing on previously developed brownfield land in places like Leatherhead.
If you agree with the changes we're proposing, you can write to Mole Valley District Council's Planning Policy Team at firstname.lastname@example.org, who will pass your comments to the government inspector who will review the draft Local Plan.
If you wish to make more detailed comments, there is further guidance available on the futuremolevalley.org website.